Saturday, April 16, 2016

When He Comes Again

When He Comes Again

I [D] wonder when He [Em7] comes a-[A7]gain
Will [Em] herald [A] angels [D] sing?
Will [D] Earth be white with [Em7] drifted [A7] snow
Or [Em] will the [A7] world know [D] spring?
I [G] wonder [Em] if one [D] star will shine
Far [A] brighter [A7] than the [D] rest
Will [G] daylight [Em] stay the [D] whole night through?
Will [A] songbirds [E7] leave their [A] nest?
I'm [D] sure He'll call His [Em] little [A7] ones
To-[Em]gether [A] 'round His [D] knee
Be-[D]cause He [D7] said in [G] days gone by,
"Suffer [A7] them to come to [D] me."

I [D] wonder when He [Em7] comes a-[A7]gain,
Will [Em] I be [A] ready [D] there
To [D] look upon His [Em7] loving [A7] face
And [Em] join with [A7] Him in [D] prayer
Each [G] day I'll [Em] try to [D] do His will
And [A] let my [A7] light so [D] shine
That [G] others [Em] seeing [D] me may seek
For [A] greater [E7] light [A] divine
Then [D] when that blessed [Em] day is [A7] here,
He'll [Em] love me [A] and He'll [D] say,
"You've [D] served me [D7] well, my [G] little child
Come un-[A7]to my arms to [D] stay."