Thursday, July 27, 2017

I'm Trying to be Like Jesus

I'm Trying to be Like Jesus 

I'm [G] trying to [D7] be like [C] Jesus
I'm [G] following [C] in his [D7] ways
I'm [G] trying to [G7] love as [C] he [Am] did
In [G] all that I [C] do and [B7] say
At [Em] times I am [Bm] tempted to [C] make a wrong [G] choice
But I [C] try to [Bm] listen as the [Am7] sill small [D7] voice whispers,

Chorus:
[G] "Love one a-[G7]nother as [C] Jesus loves [G] you
[C] Try to show [G] kindness in [A7] all that you [D7] do
Be [G] gentle and [G7] loving in [C] deed and in [Cm] thought
For [G] these are the [D7] things Jesus [G] taught."

I'm [G] trying to [D7] love my [C] neighbor
I'm [G] learning to [C] serve my [D7] friends
I [G] watch for the [G7] day of [C] glad-[Am]ness
When [G] Jesus will [C] come a-[B7]gain
I [Em] try to re-[Bm]member the [C] lessons he [G] taught
Then the [C] Holy [Bm] Spirit enter [Am7] into my [D7] thoughts saying,