Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Cloey Song

(This is how I remember it...) In 2002 Cloey said she wanted to teach us a song.  She said her mom had heard it on the radio, like on a Sunday spiritual music type broadcast and the words really stood out to her.  They weren't sure what the song was, who it was by, but they remembered enough that they started singing and came up with this little song.  Since Cloey taught it to us and it didn't really have a title we started calling it the Cloey song.  Here are the lyrics we used to sing at camp:

The Cloey Song

On life's valley floor
The future can't be seen
You wonder what is on the other side
But when you reach the top
You realize you've found
The answers that the mountains used to hide

Chorus:
I believe in the sun, even when it's not shining
I believe in love even when I'm alone
I believe in God even when He is silent
I believe the answers will be known

How can you say you know all things
And this life isn't fair
Don't you know you'll understand 
Some how, some time, some where

Chorus

I believe the answers will be known.


I love the lyrics and I love the message.  I'm still not sure what song the Goodson family heard on that Sunday broadcast, but I have googled a few things and they have to be related.  I learned that during WWII a Jewish prisoner in a Nazi concentration camp etched a poem on a wall in Cologne, Germany called, "I Believe."  You need to read this poem, here is the link:


Then I guess this poem was turned into choral song called, "I Believe."  Here is a link to a youtube clip:


Again I'm not sure how it all fits together, but somehow all of these pieces have to relate.